Milan and Juventus are two of Italy’s footballing giants, so when they meet it is always a huge occasion. It is one of the biggest games of the season for both sides.
Milan could come into today’s game as the favourites, with Juventus somewhat out of sorts this season while Milan are looking to defend their title. The pressure is still very much on Max Allegri and while Milan lost 3-0 to Chelsea, they have a fair few players injured.
Juve will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing a hurt Milan, but times haven’t been great for them despite the recent wins over Bologna and Maccabi Haifa.
Ahead of kick-off, here are some key stats involving the Rossoneri and the Bianconeri.
- Max Allegri hasn’t lost against Milan since October, 2016. A goal scored by Manuel Locatelli scored the winner for Milan in a 1-0 win against the Bianconeri at the time.
- Max Allegri has only lost once to Milan in Serie A as Juventus manager.
- Milan are the side against which Juventus have drawn (56)and won (51) the most Serie A matches.
- In his whole career, Stefano Pioli has beaten Juventus only twice. Both of those wins have come during hsi stint as Milan manager.
- Milan and Juventus drew both matches last season – only twice in the history of Serie A have the two teams recorded at least three draws in a row, four between 1972 and 1973 and between 1938 and 1939.
- AC Milan are undefeated in five of the last six matches against Juventus.
- Juventus have failed to score in three of the last six meetings against AC Milan.